Mobile App Development Tools are specially crafted software to assist the mobile app development process. Such tools simplify developing with needed support. Tools differ in accordance of available mobile development platforms:
- Native mobile Development Tools
- Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tools:
- Low-Coding Platforms
- No-Coding Platforms
Native mobile development tools:
Native tools can help you develop specialized apps that operate on particular App platforms with high quality. Native apps can take advantage of all features of their designated platform.
A native app is specially made and coded for a specific mobile platform. Native Apps uses native programming languages such as Objective C or Swift for iOS, Java for Android, C# for Windows.
XCode provides resources to build apps for all Apple platforms. Xcode is built as a Universal app that runs 100% natively on Intel-based CPUs and Apple Silicon for great performance and a snappy interface. It also includes a unified macOS SDK that includes all the frameworks, compilers, debuggers, and other tools you need to build apps that run natively on Apple Silicon and the Intel based CPU.
XCode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging.
Latest: XCode 12
Latest: AppCode 2020.2
- Android studio:
Android Studio is an Android development Software built by Google. Android Studio provides the fastest tools for building apps on every type of Android device. Its app editor is very useful for Android developers. This amazing tool provides shortcuts for coding and designing to help reduce the time spent on coding. Android studio also provides drag and drop features to design the layout of projects. Great Apk Analyzer and flexible build system are quite nice features given by Android studio.
Latest: 4.1 for Windows 64-bit
Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tools:
With cross-platform mobile development, programmers can create generic apps for multi-platforms or mobile operating systems collectively. This can also enable developers to essentially use the same code base for different platforms. This can greatly reduce the time and expenses needed for creating an application. If we talk about adversity, Due to it being one and the same code base, these generic apps tend to have more platform-based issues and performance wise lower quality than a native application.
- IDE and Titanium SDK – 60-90% code reuse across device platforms & Direct access to native APIs using Hyperloop
- API Builder – Assemble APIs, models, and connectors to access data with unprecedented speed & Build data models with visual wizard or programmatically
Build Custom Apps with Drag & drop to quickly arrange forms, charts and reports. Ninox supports Mac, iOS, ipad & Android. Databases can be stored locally or in Cloud. Easily create custom forms, fields, and triggers, build Calculations using the visual formula editor.
Whether it’s Event management app, Invoicing, CRM, Task management or meeting management – Ninox can help you better. Additionally, invite Teammates to collaborate, and users can control the permissions granted to each collaborator. Also Sync Devices in real-time, allowing users to access and work on their apps from multiple devices.
- Simply open your web browser and start collaborating. Ninox runs on all your devices.
- Get a dedicated Server with a separate user management and select the location.
Xamarin is Microsoft’s framework for creating mobile apps. Xamarin provides an app platform for building Android and iOS apps with .NET and C# . Build stunning cross-platform user interfaces,Access native APIs from shared code, Share code across all .NET platforms, Reuse existing C++ libraries, Develop on Windows and macOS.
- Build Apps for Android, iOS, MacOS & cross platform
- Code editing, refactoring, debugging, testing and cloud-publishing
4. Adobe PhoneGap:
- Get app-store ready apps without the headache of maintaining native SDKs
- Use the Hydration feature to get faster debug and build cycles.
5. React Native:
- rich library of over 120 native device plugins for accessing Camera, Geolocation, Bluetooth, and more.
MobiLoud helps develop WordPress integrated fast native apps with the best UI. Whether you want Apps for Ecommerce sites, WordPress sites or for e-learning sites, MobiLoud can be a great help. MobiLoud works with any site or web app and converts it into native look. iOS and Android apps can be 100% synced with the existing site and updated automatically.
- Deep WordPress integration
- Boost realtime Engagement with Push Notifications
- Monetize apps with ease
- Ext JS leverages HTML5 features on modern browsers while maintaining compatibility and functionality for legacy browsers.
- TreeGrid with lockable columns, Grouping grid with cell editing & summary calculations
Write and deploy native mobile apps for iOS and Android from a single codebase. Use Angular or Vue to share existing web-based code.With NativeScript, you have 100% direct access to all iOS and Android APIs. You can easily reuse CocoaPods and Android SDKs, plus find free plugins, templates, and application samples
- Deep integration with latest Angular with full-stack features like integration with the Angular CLI, router support, code generation, webpack and more.
- build native mobile apps using Vue.js and use the Vue CLI, Vuex and the other Vue framework features
10. Onsen UI:
- Onsen UI provides a grid system to place your elements in the screen
- Onsen UI comes bundled with FastClick, a polyfill library which uses touch events to remove delay.
11. Mobile angular UI:
Build HTML5 Mobile Apps with Bootstrap and AngularJS. Mobile Angular UI lets you build HTML5 hybrid mobile applications and desktop apps with Twitter Bootstrap and AngularJS.
Along with basic components of bootstrap, Mobile Angular UI introduces some newer ones:
- Navbars with Absolute positioning
- Scrollable Areas
12. Corona labs
Corona is a cross-platform framework optimal for rapidly creating apps and games for mobile devices and desktop systems. multiple types of devices include Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets etc. Corona uses Lua, a powerful and easy-to-learn script language.
- Corona can be embedded in an existing app structure
- no need to keep internal tool sets or configure external SDKs.
Mag+ provides cloud-based web tools to create a branded app. mag+’s digital-publishing software covers every part of the app-publishing process. Mag+ gives you a white label application that you can even rebrand.
- mag+ customizes the look and feel of its app by allowing multiple locales, colors and control over images and texts.
- mag+ publisher backend has the ability to generate apps for multiple app stores.
Xojo helps develop apps for macOS, Windows, Linux, web, iOS & Raspberry Pi with one tool and language.With modern assistance for graphics, database servers and internet protocols, build anything you can imagine.
- Xojo supports inheritance, interfaces, polymorphism and more.
- Xojo is easy to use and lets you learn as a beginner
Cocos2d is a family of open-source programming frameworks for building cross-platform games & apps. Cocos2d is written in Python. It works on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Cocos2d-x is an open source game framework written in C++. It can be used to build games, apps and other cross platform GUI based interactive programs.
Cocos2d-JS is Cocos2d-x engine’s java script version. It supports full Cocos2d-x functionality with a set of simplified java script friendly APIs.
Cocos2D-XNA is a 2D/3D game framework written specifically for XNA in C#. It supports the Mono Game runtime.
Cocos2D-Swift is an open-source framework for building cross-platform 2D games with XCode and Objective-C.
Unity is a real-time development platform. Set the applications anywhere to reach the largest possible audience across 25+ leading platforms and technologies. It’s one of the best video game engines available in the market, mostly used to create games for cross platforms.
- Unity gives users the ability to create games and experiences in both 2D and 3D.
- Unity engine offers a primary scripting API in C#.
Create Mobile apps with HTML, CSS & JS by Cordova. You can target multiple platforms with one code base.
OutSystems gives integrated tools and infrastructure that assure modern, enterprise-grade applications are secure, resilient, cloud-ready, and built to scale.
The smart way to create custom apps. Fliplet offers drag and drop components that will probably cover 90% of the features. Components have already been stress-tested by real users for device, OS and security updates.
Everyone can create their own apps with little to no coding knowledge.With an intuitive interface, it’s easy and fun to create your own apps by drag and drop. It gives 750+ tools integration. You can measure your own metrics, no need for third-party tools.
It’s a no code, agile & powerful App creating platform, that anyone creates apps easily. It helps to deliver a rich user experience with a robust feature set. Appsheet helps in creating and deploying multi-platform apps in real-time.
This application development method eliminates much of the monotony associated with developing, deploying, maintaining and updating applications built with traditional software development frameworks and techniques. You are able to deliver business value quickly and can continually improve on applications.
It helps in building cross-platform apps with advanced security features and outstanding app design. Develop and deploy secure, web, and mobile business applications that incorporate data sources, applications, and workflows.
Build Fire’s powerful and easy to use mobile app builder platform makes it so you can build fully custom mobile apps in a fraction of the time and cost. Build Fire’s app maker makes app development turnkey and easy, no matter how robust of an app you need.
All these tools & many more app developing tools that are available to help you in creating Applications smoothly and in the best time possible.